Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> For me, loading soundfiles into arrays is a big one, so this wouldn't
> help that.  It would be nice to have a a background soundfiler... I just
> that's the idea of that threaded soundfiler...

It seems like you could have an "asynchsoundfiler" object that resizes the array
if applicable, puts the array into shared memory, forks a new process which
fills
the array, and then emits a bang when the process exits. The only inconsistency
you would be looking at resource wise would be a partially filled array, which
could cause an audio glitch, but the person using the object could avoid
inconsistencies by not using the array until the bang comes out.