Well, that is only if all the partials remain under the Nyquist frequency. The idea is to limit the higher harmonics to the ones described by whatever formula you use to generate the waveforms, but if you eliminated all of them them you would just have a sine wave again ;-) So what you get is considerably less aliasing, but without oversampling and filtering you will still get some.

Of course I'm no DSP guru, perhaps someone more mathematically inclined could give a better answer.

Best!
D.