Roman Haefeli escribió:
On Sun, 2010-03-28 at 14:14 +0200, Derek Holzer wrote:

Generate bandlimited waveforms. Works for lower frequencies, however higher frequencies will still alias...

Why is that? I thought, when just playing so many partials of the
waveform, so that all of them fit in below the nyquist frequency, there
won't be any aliasing? Is that wrong?

I don't think it's wrong. Obviously, if you generate only ONE table (with sinesum for example) with all the partials necessary for using it at low frequency, and then use it at higher frequencies, it will alias. But if you use different tables for different frequencies, always summing only the sines that are below the nyquist frequency, there can't be any aliasing.

By the way thanks Derek for the link. Now I see why sinesum is _so_ useful (indeed I could/should have seen it before -lol)

--
Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistise...@gmail.com