On Sun, 2 May 2010, András Murányi wrote:

I was implicitly ironic, based on our shared knowledge of more floating ideas than actual projects.

Well, there's no obvious difference between saying it ironically and saying it non-ironically. The fact is, someone could be saying the same thing and mean it. So, thanks for explaining the joke.

I think Pd shall get a proper language-independent API.

What would it be like ? What do you mean by "language-independent" ?

If you want to know why I don't start this project up myself, no it's not shyness or learned helplessness but the mere fact that i'm doing two jobs to survive and have no joules left for this. My bad.

But do you have enough "joules" left to explain what you have in mind ?

Well, i just imagine it is not easy to have one's 'child' undergo such a severe operation, so one might not make up a decision or even publicly address the question so easily.

Why does that sound like it's about hiding a shameful disease ?

And then why does this imply, that a language-independent API would have to be replacing the current Tk support ?... Maybe it doesn't, and it could be a good idea to have a dual system, for the sake of not making "irreversible changes"... but branching off code, by itself, is already not nearly as irreversible as what you can do with a scalpel on body parts...