On May 6, 2010, at 7:28 PM, András Murányi wrote:

Tcl/Tk happens to be a good GUI toolkit for making cross-platform apps that appear native on each platform. From my point of view, we should just implement things better, changing the GUI toolkit is not going to make as big a difference.

.hc

Matju told basically the same so i'm convinced. No Alexandrian solution hhhh :) Actually, do you consider the GUI or the GUI-core communication "slow" (ie a large performace potential in optimizing), or is just that we overdrive it sometimes? (Or is it like "smooth or not smooth"? ;o)

Some parts are extremely slow, like array redrawing and moving of items on the canvas. These particular things can sometimes generate 1 megabyte a second of Tcl code. The same could be achieved by sending the right 1 kilobyte per second, or even less.