On Wed, 24 Nov 2010, João Pais wrote:

e.g. I am right now thinking it would be nice to have resizable cnv just by clicking on its bottom-right corner. Ditto for other visual iemgui objects. Another thing I would really like to see soon is ability to box-select patch cords. Then perhaps an undo doubly-linked list would be nice as well (although not sure how hard this would be).

basically many of the things possible in max should be implemented in pd.

This is that kind of thinking that led me to invent [#many]. I looked at their matrix of toggle-like things and told myself I should make something similar, except it would have a much shorter list of properties, and a possibility to connect plugins (using an extra inlet and outlet) so that any special behaviour can be user-specified. And then I wanted a variable element-class, not just toggle. And thus it was born.

Apart from that, many things can be made using [#see]-[#mouse] with various graphics processing in GF/GEM/PDP. [#see] displays a video in a patch, and the video can be tiny, generated, and rendered on demand (it's actually a picture viewer). This is most useful for high-color, pixel-oriented data, or really complicated vector data, perhaps.