Hi,

I get some strange behaviour with the attached patch which is basically:

[gemhead]

 |    [0 0 0 1   1 0 0 1   0 1 0 1   0 0 1 1 (
 |     |
[pix_set]

 |  |  \   // numbox attached to the second i.e. "common" inlet
 |   |
[pix_gain 1]

[pix_texture]

[rectangle]

1) When I send a new value to pix_gain's inlet, the output is not updated until I re-send the pixel color values to pix_set.

2) If I modify the pix_gain object and change its creation argument (which means the object is recreated), the pix_set seems to be reset as well: the rectangle resets to white, as if the pix_set objet was recreated. I have to re-send the pixel values to pix_set. After doing this, the pixel colors are as expected and the gain is applied correctly

Why doesn't the pix_gain update its output when a new value of the gain is applied?

Why does pix_set reset when I recreate the pix_gain object?

Is all this expected behaviour and I am missing something?

thanks
m.
#N canvas 838 143 450 488 10;
#X obj 116 27 gemhead;
#X obj 304 257 gemwin;
#X msg 245 217 create \, 1;
#X msg 324 225 destroy;
#X obj 118 326 pix_texture;
#X msg 312 185 dimen 800 600;
#X obj 117 350 rectangle 5.3333 4;
#X msg 148 109 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1;
#X msg 146 291 quality 0;
#X obj 89 146 pix_set 2 2;
#X obj 100 229 pix_gain 1;
#X floatatom 155 184 5 0 0 0 - - -;