>> By the way, apart from help patches documenting each object
>> and example patches, is there some getting started guide
>> or complete manual explaining what pdp is in the
>> first place?
Sure, in the page of project:

http://ydegoyon.free.fr/pidip.html

Hi,

Thank you, but that seems to me more of a reference (or even a mere list) of individual objects.
I'm looking for an introduction or getting started guide,

I mean, where I can find answers to questions like: what is a packet? What kind of data do pdp objects handle? What is the bare minimum you need to work with pdp (like [gemwin] and [gemhead] in gem)?

Is there such a guide or reference manual? If not, I guess I can learn it by looking at help patches but what objects should I start from?

thanks
m.