Re: [PD] problem with mixer project
De:
Jose Luis Santorcuato <santorcuat...@gmail.com>
Fecha:
Fri, 6 May 2011 23:14:57 -0400
Para:
Fernando Gadea <fga...@gmail.com>

Para:
Fernando Gadea <fga...@gmail.com>
CC:
pd-list@iem.at

Hi...¿Kernel? ... probablemente debas compilar un kernel de baja latencia...tiene poca ram y un procesador pequeño, igual debería funcionar...

I am not really a power user, but I haven' t had latency problems before, so maybe this is not the central problem (but I understand that you may be right and I could improve performance with a kernel change, only that, if I can solve this latency problem in an easyer inside-puredata way, I will leave it for a later macro-system optimizing stage)

Maybe you could compile a low latency kernel... your processor is slow, but must go on... check the latency...

Why you use Xubuntu??? try Ubuntu... i worked with open cv, pidip and other in a little cpu...
As Iohannes lets think, I use xfce for its lightness and minimalistic user interface. I hope there is not a problem in the interaction between puredata and xubuntu's xfce environment.

Try mixer~ objetct
Thank you, I will substitute the before-master audio mixing with this object and see if the problem solves, at least as an alternative try.
Gracias, y mejores deseos
Fernando

Best regards

José