On Sun, 17 Jul 2011, András Murányi wrote:

Can I have a humble question please? Is it possible to extend [inlet] and [outlet] in a way that I can write [inlet foo] and [outlet bar] and 'foo' and 'bar' become the names of the xlets when no help file available? I still don't understand the depths of programming this so I'm just curious.

It's been already done in Günter's tooltips (2003) but it's conflicting with [inlet~]/[outlet~]'s upsampling/downsampling features added by Johannes Zmölnig some years later, which also use the $1 fields.