If what you want to do is only control Ardour, you should check out jmmmp/ardourjack-gui (coming with Pd-Ext 0.43, maybe also with 0.42-5?). Enable osc in Ardour, and you have basic transport controls. Other functions can be reached, for that go through the Ardour documentation. Some info on the protocoll (and maybe an old version of the patch) on http://puredata.info/Members/jmmmp.

João

 Hi folks,

I'm looking for a way to communicate between Pd and the transport of Ardour. There used to be a jack-transport object, but the main page for this seems down and it's not in any other repository I've searched. I found pd-jackclock, but I get the following error after setting up the Makefile with the location of the Pd sources and trying to "make". Hope someone can help with this. Thanks!

 Derek

 derek@shuttle-xpc:~/Downloads/pd-jackclock-1.0$ make
cc -ICFLAGS+=-I /usr/include/pdextended/m_pd.h -fPIC -O2 -Wall -Wimplicit -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-unused -Wno-parentheses -Wno-switch -c jackclock.c -o jackclock.o
 cc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S with multiple files
 make: *** [jackclock.o] Error 1

 --
 derek holzer
 noise.art.technology

Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin (Deutschland)
Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
Studio +49 30 69509190
jmmmp...@googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp