Hi,

On 7 Apr 2013, at 05:15, Ivica Ico Bukvic <i...@vt.edu> wrote:

> On 04/07/2013 12:08 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I did some digging around existing plugin solutions for fluidsynth and other
>> synths on Linux and so far had no luck. pluginhost~ segfaults as soon as it
>> is loaded (help patch does). Removing ":hexter" from the [pluginhost~
>> hexter.so:hexter 2] fixes this but one cannot open any of the guis (they all
>> either do not do anything or eventually crash pd. The old fluid~ is gone,
>> nowhere to be found, so is dssi~. It is possible that this problem stems
>> from some weird configuration on my system but before I try digging in that
>> direction, just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts were on this
>> one. The problem btw manifests both on local build of pd-extended and
>> pd-l2ork. Not sure about vanilla...
> To add to this, jack-dssi-host fluidsynth-dssi.so works perfectly fine. In
> pd/pd-l2ork when creating [pluginhost~ fluidsynth-dssi.so] works (creates 3
> outlets and reports no errors) but trying to open the gui does nothing. I do
> get a warning about DSSI path not set, but its defaults are correct (and the
> external finds the .so file fine). Trying something like [pluginhost~
> calf.so:Reverb] (or reverb) or any other legitimate combo that uses
> ":<plugin>" crashes pd immediately. Has anyone else had any luck with it or
> has any alternatives?

My intention is to fully support [pluginhost~] on Linux (dssi~ is deprecated
and surpassed by pluginhost~), although I don't use Linux much these days, so I
may not notice bugs quickly.

I am away from my computer right now, but I'll take a look at these issues
tomorrow morning and hopefully provide a fix.

Best,

Jamie

--
http://jamiebullock.com