On 07/06/2013 06:18 PM, Miller Puckette wrote:
Yeah... I originally assembled it by trial and error, starting from the
"Wish Shell" app and changing stuff by trial and error.  It might even
be the case that the "Wish Shell.app" archive used by the script below
can be replaced with your own local one... but I thought it safer to cache
  copy once I had it all working.

After yet another wasted hour on a non-free OS,
some questions regarding makefile.mac:

* what is -O6? It throws an error right off the bat. (I changed it to -O3 to fix)
* why is there "-arch ppc" as well as i386?
* Why is there -isysroot?  If I'm using Xcode 4.6 the directory
specified after that flag in makefile.mac doesn't exist, and I get an error
that stdlib.h doesn't exist.
* Any hint what -isysroot should be to find something as
common as stdlib.h?
* Is "make -f makefile.mac" supposed to compile using cc, gcc, or something else?

Slowly getting there,
Jonathan

cheers