Yeah all numbers are floats ... but if I do this:

[3 <

[int]

[/osc/number $1 <

[packOSC]

[udpsend]

packOSC sets the argument type on the receiving end as an int. I've had that
bite me in the past for osc apis that are only looking for ints instead of both
ints & floats. I was thinking that [packOSC] might be interpreting a
non-decimal float as an int, but I don't think so ...

On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:10 PM, Max <abonneme...@revolwear.com> wrote:

> hm. since in Pd all numbers are floats printing a 1.0 will show 1
> however I can use [makefilename %s.0] which seems to be a possible workaround.
>
> <forcedecimal.pd>
>

> Am 28.08.2013 um 21:58 schrieb Dan Wilcox <danomat...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Sounds like they don't want ints and sending non decimal values as floats
>> results in an int type tag in the OSC message. Try forcing all values to be
>> floats with a [float] object.
>>
>> On Aug 28, 2013, at 3:34 PM, pd-list-requ...@iem.at wrote:
>>
>>> From: Max <abonneme...@revolwear.com>
>>> Subject: [PD] RME TotalMix controlled with OSC
>>> Date: August 28, 2013 2:33:32 PM EDT
>>> To: PD list <pd-list@iem.at>
>>>

>>> Hi List, has anyone used OSC o control RME's TotalMix application? The OSC
>>> support in there seems rather flawed, for instance the float messages seem
>>> to require 1.0 format and 1 will be wrong. How can I sent floats in Pd
>>> which have a zero decimal?
>>>
>>> m.
>>
>> --------
>> Dan Wilcox