On 2013-08-28 16:44, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
Looking at the source, there seems to be a way to set explicit type
tags.  I haven't checked the help patch, maybe it is documented there.

On 28/08/13 21:26, Dan Wilcox wrote:
I was thinking that [packOSC] might be interpreting a non-decimal float as an
int, but I don't think so ...

There is no other way it could be happening - because messages are
arrays of atoms and there are no int atoms:

Yes, that's why. The default behaviour of [packOSC] checks if an incoming float is the same as its integer representation, if it is, send it as an integer. If Pd used the int atom it wouldn't need to do that.

Martin