I have been doing 8000x1200 without any issue in GEM on windows7 w/  pd 42.5
but 7000x5000 is quite large but I have a w9000 ATI and 16GB RAM

pp

From: pd-list-boun...@iem.at [mailto:pd-list-boun...@iem.at] On Behalf Of David
Schaffer
Sent: Monday, September 30, 2013 5:44 PM
To: pd list
Subject: [PD] Maximum size of a GEM window?

Hi there,

       I was wondering if there was a software limitation to a GEM window size,
or if it was just a matter of graphics card horsepower. I'm on a 2 years old
macbook pro, driving an NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB chip and I'm having
trouble creating a window bigger than 7000*5000 pixels. Values exceeding these
will end up in a blank window (no console message). I would definitely need
some insights about how to create BIG pictures in GEM. Thank you very much for
your help.

D.S
http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/