Peder Sahlin wrote:

> Where did you find bald eagles - perhaps we almost crossed paths as I did
> the same.  I was in Merrit Island Florida just north of Cape Canaveral and
> Kennedy space center.

The bald eagles are SW British Columbia.  They annually migrate to some riverbank
locations in this area to gorge on
dead spawned Pacific Salmon.  According to the eagle count administered by the B.C.
Wildlife Service, the Squamish
Estuary Conservation Society, and the Brackendale Art Gallery Society January 9,1994,
a world record of 3,766 bald
eagles were counted at the annual Brackendale Winter Eagle Count.  The January 2000
Eagle Count was "only" 2607.
The annual eagle count will be this coming weekend.  Information from this URL
http://www.naturalhistory.bc.ca/VNHS/

David S.