Sid,

You aren't wrong to be offended, but just forget about it.

This is another version of the 'Gregory, The Who' illness on our list.

We have a nice friendly community in the email list.  Every once in a while,
some SOB wanders in, reads or sees a little, and decides he's a lot better
than we are.  Then, he proceeds to offer mean spirited or stupid or just
plain ignorant comments.

Generally, he's one of life's losers and/or some kind of emotional cripple
stuck at a 13 year old's maturity level.  He builds himself up by degrading
others, showing them how smart he is.

For myself, I recognize that there are a lot of folks who are smarter, more
capable, and more experienced than I am on the list.  The same is true, but
more so, for the PUG gallery.  It looks easy, but it's not.  I am continually
humbled by trying to match the quality of the images I see on the PUG.  This
is why I am reluctant to criticize.

We never got 'Gregory, The Who', to show us a sample of his work.  This guy
will never show us anything either.  He's a talker, not a doer.  Write the
sorry pretender off !!!

Regards,  Bob S.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Hi all:
 Here's a critique I received in my mailbox today regarding my PUG submission:

 "You have forever fixed yourself into 'amateur" status by telling us how
 difficult this shot was.  With a 35mm and maybe a 135mm lens it's a snap
 (so to speak)."

 And this person followed it up in a separate email with:

 "The yellow green cast doesn't help much."

 And to top it off, he titled his letter to me as: "Daddy@stupidtitle"

 Wow. Is my initial reaction. I am not so prudish or elitist to not
 welcome and encourage strong comments, negative ones included. But this
 person seems to have malice on his mind. I am an amateur photographer.
 But I find this critique quite hurtful.

 Wow. Was I singled out? Or did anyone else get a critique from "Versal
 Cross" [EMAIL PROTECTED] that made you wince?

 Perhaps I'm too sensitive. I don't know. Am I wrong to take exception to
 this person's comment? As I said, I welcome negative criticism, but as
 long as it's constructive... These comments, if told to me face to face,
 would certainly have raised the hackles on this Cajun man's back.

 I welcome comments in regards to my reactions...

 Regards,
 Sid  >>

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org