On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:18:55 -0800, "Roberto Burgos S."
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Normally, when you are hired for the job, then copyright belongs to whoever
>hired you.  You can use the picture only for self promotion.

They'll usually send you a contract first. Read it. I did a shoot for Runner's
World magazine last summer and their standard contract gives me full rights to
the photos after one year. Until that time I can only use them for self
promotion.

When I got the Runner's World job, Bill Corbett sent me a detailed email on how
to price photo services. I don't think he'd mind if I forwarded you a copy. In
fact I think he'd insist! (He's very protective of newbies amongst the sharks of
the publishing world.) He recommended a book called "Pricing Photography" bt
Michal Heron and David MacTavish, too.

Mark Roberts
visit http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.