Hi all:
I was in Houston this past weekend for the Houston Marathon, and my good
friend brought My wife and I to the Houston Fine Art museum to see the
German Romantic Painters Exhibition (mostly 19th Century stuff--
marvelous, incredible, just a few adjectives to describe this stuff),
but lo and behold, there too, was a very complete showing of all of
Walker Evans' works, even all of the signs he stole as he got older and
even more crazy.
If you don't know anything about Walker Evans, he's a fascinating
character. Well worth the effort to look him up, and see some of the
photographs he took over a 50 year span. He's most famous for the many
depression era photos he took. I think he was a contemporary of Dorthea Lange.
So if you're anywhere near Houston, the showing runs through March 10th,
I think.

Regards,
Sid B
go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at