On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:45:35 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Could someone please answer a simple question:
>What do you see in a 645 viewfinder? I assume that the images are stacked
>vertically on the film, since it's about 6 cm wide. Do you see a vertical
>(portrait) image rather than the horizontal (landscape) image you see in a
>35 mm camera's viewfinder? Or is there some weird system for rotating the
>image 90 degrees when you expose the film?
>I know this must be obvious to most PDML people, but I've never used a
>medium-format camera. Thanks,

The images are stacked vertically on the film, but the Pentax 645 shows a
horizontal image in the viewfinder because the *film* winds vertically. Not sure
about other 645 format cameras.

BTW: One of the things I really like about the Pentax 645 is the extra tripod
socket on the side of the camera for vertical orientation
go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.