Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> So it's landscape as the 35mm cameras, but there's
>> also an extra connection for tripod on the side,
>> right?
>
>Right. This means that theres no reason to flip the tripod head over for shooting
>verticals. This is a true blessing....
>Two tripods sockets; one for horizontals and one for verticals.

And I've used the side tripod socket for horizontal shots (with my ballhead
tilted over into the "vertical" orientation) when I needed to get a bit closer
to the ground than my tripod would otherwise have allowed.
go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.