In a message dated 1/19/01 8:15:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<  Consider this. Every mount I know of, including slide mounts, cuts some
off each edge. I would like a 100% viewfinder - if I get an edge frame on the
viewfinder that corresponds to approximately 1mm off each edge. >>

A series of questions asked not to provoke, but for information in
furtherance of an understanding of the duties of the viewfinder to inform us:
Don't we, as photographers, have the obligation to "scan" the viewfinder for
*final* image content?
And don't we, as experienced professionals, serious hobbyists, have the
obligation to know the limits of the viewfinder we are using *AT THAT TIME*?
For instance, (unless you have the time/money or facilities to print edge to
edge), and since we all know we'll lose parts of the viewfinder image anyway,
for us to plan and shoot a 90% final image in slides/negs?

The importance of my failures to pre-plan the final image** was quickly
brought to me when I began shooting the 67ll. Lord the crap I shot!
**Me forgetting to remember that I specialize in 7 x 9 and 8 x 9 "intimate"
portraits.
*No not "intimate" as in boudoir but "intimate" in size, as in computer
desktop, "taking my love along with me" size.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.