dosk wrote:

> Have you found for yourself an ideal "focal length" eye?  I was shooting
> with the 50mm and liking it a lot, but there was just a little something
> missing... And then the 2x TC was delivered and everything got so much
> better. I mean, the 50 seemed a little wide, seemed like most of the things
> I did with it were sharp but definitely need cropping.
> Then I put the 2x on it and (shazam!!) the compositions started to fall into
> place. Stuff looks to me already cropped in the viewfinder (with the 100),
> if you know what I mean...
> I know they call 45-55mm the normal range lenses, but it seems as if my eye
> sees things in 100mm....
> Has this happened to you?
> Skip

No, I seem to have wide angle eyes! I find the perspective of a 50mm
very flat, and the image seems to want to get out the sides of the
frame. The 28mm seems to suit the way I see the world, and if I had to
use just one prime lens that would be it. I also like the view through
about 200mm, but that's not my 'natural' view. The M 50mm/1.7 is
probably the least used lens we have (apart from the huge old Sigma
500mm mirror).

We've just upsized to a 67 and only have a 105mm so far, and the same
thing is happening there. This is getting expensive....

Cheers,

Colin
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.