On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, dosk wrote:

> The 50 now almost seems like an 'almost wide' lens to me......  The 100
> should be considered a "normal" view type of lens, IMO!
> Skip

If you want to try something fun, shoot nothing but wide angles for a
while.  24mm, 28mm, and nothing longer than 35mm.  *Then* pick up a 50mm
lens, and it's amazing how much it seems like a telephoto.  All of a
sudden you're not getting enough of the scene in, and you can't imagine
how you could possibly use a 100mm.  <g> This feeling vanishes pretty
quickly, but it's fun while it lasts.

chris

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.