Hi Herbet,

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 22:01:39 -0800 (PST), herbet brasileiro wrote:

> Does anybody own this lens? I'd like to know how it
> would perform as a portrait lens since the Pentax 85
> is so expensive. Can anybody elaborate on that?

I have the Tamron SP 90/2.5 version of this lens, but I don't usually
take portraits, so I can't really comment on it for that use. I did use
it to take some "portraits" of one of my cats, and I was very pleased
with both the color rendition and the sharpness. Unfortunately, the
circumstances in which I used it didn't lend themselves to seeing and
analyzing the lens' bokeh. I did not, though, do any sort of real
analysis, I'm just reacting to the one roll of photos I've shot with
that lens so far. :-)

TTYL,
DougF

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.