At 23:22 25/01/01, you wrote:

>I think Bogen/Manfrotto sells a head that only offers limited movement
>specifically for monopods (can't remember the name of it at the moment),
>maybe an alternative to your ballhead?

They sure do. I have one on mine. In the Manfrotto range the number is
234RC. It has a QR plate number 200PL14, the same as on my ball head. The
only movement in the head is from side to side. This allows for the camera
to be mounted in a portrait orientation.

Cheers

Jon

Relax! Take life as it comes, you can't chase the sun, you can't race the wind

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.