At 02:26 PM 1/23/01 +0100, you wrote:
I have just found out an interesting bit about the Spotmatics and that is that it uses
Mercury batteries (e.g. PX625), which are not produced anymore (at least not in Germany).
It is therefore quite difficult to get those batteries and keep the Spotmatic working. Is
this true and are there any work-arounds?

I use DA312 zink-air hearing aid batteries. They do not last very long at all (I get a couple month out of htem with light use of the camera - they will die on their own accord once you pull the tab and allow air to access them.)  But, at about $1 a battery it's no biggie. They are 1.4v.

- MCC

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]