Igor wrote: "I purchased an old (original aluminum) Tiltall
tripod....bodies..could not be secured on the tripod's head. The hole in
the bodies is just not deep enough for the screw to push the body against
the head..."

When I purchased my then new MESuper, it came with a spacer just for this
situation.  Page 31 of the owner's manual states the tripod screw should
protrude no more that 5.5mm (0.22in).  Trying to force a longer screw into
the tripod socket could damage the camera.  One option is to get a
machinist to trim your older tripod screw to the correct length.  If that's
not an option, the spacer goes between the camera base and the tripod head.

I've since lost the original spacer for my MESuper, but I've made
replacements out of teflon sheet.  Many chemical plants use teflon sheet
material for gaskets, your local hardware store or automotive parts store
may have something similar (neoprene, nylon, etc. about 1/8" thick.  It's a
simple matter to use a gasket cutter and punch to create a replacement.  It
measures ~2" outside diameter, with a 1/4" center hole.  Over the years,
I've had to replace mine 3 or 4 times for use with some older equipment.  A
freind with an MX doesn't have the problem, because he purchased his tripod
after the MX, and the same is true with my newer tripods.

Good Luck!

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.