"David A. Mann" wrote:

> Mark Roberts writes:
>
> > Do the genuine Pentax ones have "Asahi" on them anywhere. Mine
> > just says "M42 - Pentax K/M       Japan"
>
>  Mine just says "Pentax" on top, "Japan" on the bottom.  It's definitely
> genuine Pentax, even came in a nice Pentax plastic pouch with an
> instruction manual.

Mine says "Asahi Pentax" on the top, and "Japan" on the bottom.
It, too, is a genuine Pentax part - I've still got the original
Pentax box it came in (complete with six pound price-tag!).
It sits in the miscellaneous equipment box, alongside a Pentax
52-49 filter step-up ring, in case I ever find a need for it.

--
John Francis  [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Silicon Graphics, Inc.
(650)933-8295                        2011 N. Shoreline Blvd. MS 43U-991