Hi Gang, I have finished renaming all the galleries and index
pages in the PUG. This, combined with the robots.txt file I
inserted should put a complete end to the Lycos, and probably
other deep links to the PUG. I can't do anything about the
thumbnails that are resident on the outside servers, but now
clicking on them will give 404 errors.
There was also a problem brought to my attention whereby
entering a name into a gallery that did not exist woud bring up
the parent directory. The person who brought it to my attention
thought it could be a problem. I have also blocked that from
happening.
We had a lot of our images deep linked. You can enter just about
any name from the regular contributors into that Lycos search
engine and come up with PUG images.
I'm going to bed now, probably to dream about HTML codes dancing
on flickering monitors, sublimanal coded messages telling me to
do evil things, such as buy a Canon or some such.
Later
Bill

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.