Nope, the only requirement is that folks should not conspire to
hold down the price of auctioned items.  One of the examples
given was a group of individuals all interested in a certain
category of items decide amongst themselves to allow only one of
their number to place bids on a specific item and nobody in the
group will bid against him. They have, therefore, conspired to
hold down the price the seller can receive.  The whole group has
committed a felony by so doing.  Shilling on an auction
(conspiring to drive the price up) is just as illegal.  In the
U.S.A., that is.  Outside the U.S.A. could be different.

Len
---