Anytime I go more than a short travel distance from home, I carry a second body. Not
only for a possible second film loaded,  but even a new camera can have mechanical or
electrical problems, or have enough features that  serious reading time is required.
In the mean time, you might want to continue shooting with something you know and
trust. Personally, I have 6 bodies, all but one more than 14 years old. They are all
very reliable, but I still won't leave for a trip with only one- one with Sensia100,
one with Ilford400, one empty..
_____________________________________

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/01 7:04 AM >>>
Hi everyone,

I recently (last weekend) purchased a MZ-5n, still
being the satisfied owner of a MZ-M.

Now, it is time to show that the MZ-M is a 'great
backup body' as a lot of reviews say... which brings
up a couple of questions to me, (who never had two
bodies):

- How, in a general sense, do you use a second body? I
imagine that shooting b&w, or using it in 'dangerous'
trips, ...

- In which kind of pictures woul you 'specialize' the
MZ-M? (a manual body, no TTL flash, no spot-metering
..)

Maybe your advice is 'trade it for a good lens', but I
have read a lot of times that people keeps a backup
body.

Thanks in advance for your ideas,
Jaume