Re:Flavio Minelli's observation:

Ehmm,
if we're talking about linear magnification that would be about 24X to a
full frame image...
It's 24/1 mm -> 24X.
It would take you a microscope to get 600X.
Flavio

Flavio,
I think he actually made a microscope. To fill a microscope field with a 1 x
1 mm square, I use a 40x objective and a 12.5x ocular. I would guess the
area of my retina is about the area of a 35mm frame, so it should be roughly
comparable.

And--scusi--I think it's more relevant to think of the area magnification,
especially since if you're paying for the medium, that's what you pay for.
:-)
Ciao,
JJ

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.