Hi everybody,
I'm still feeling stirred and excited for what happened to me this evening: I
cought by phone a friend of mine who should have returned me two slides... two
years ago; we decided to meet at an art gallery where he said there was an
exhibition of the photographer Lucien Clergue, the founder of the "Rencontres
Internationales de la Photographie" of Arles, France. Going to the gallery I
met after a couple of months an architect I've done a work for in november so
I've been paid (at last!); the very same money almost covered the cost of my
second LX (my sixteenth Pentax body??? It must be a kind of dependence...). It
had the mirror out of alignment but has been repaired immediately. With my new
LX I've reached the gallery and... surprise: Lucien Clergue was there! And
there was one of the most important italian photographers too: Mimmo Jodice
(ther was also the mayor of Naples but he is not so important...:)
The work of Lucien Clergue (see for some examples
http://zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/lucien/default.html and
http://www.cmp.ucr.edu/exhibitions/signs/ and for Jodice see
http://www.triennale.it/program/medit.htm) made me think on how it is
difficult to create an image although it is technically easy to take the same
shot. The pictures were among the best examples of double exposures I've ever
seen: shots of toreadors on shots of paintings of various ages representing
bulls, sacrifices, ancient women. Strong colors made the rest...
After viewing the pictures I started to take shots of the two masters and I
had my little moment of glory when the wife of Mimmo Jodice asked me to bring
her the pictures I was taking...
Then I had a drink with a girl I met at the gallery just to discover that she
has fourteen years less than me... I don't know if I must feel happy to be
attractive to a seventeen years old girl or unhappy to be heading to the fifth
decade :(

Gianfranco
(disappointed for I've just lost a nice shot of a big red moon setting behind
the skyline of Naples...it seems this night is far from an ending)

P.S. Albano, please add an LX to the list...