Hi all;

I recently purchased a 300f4.0 (k) lens from KEH.  After having lost several
Ebay auctions, I just couldn't get the bad taste out of my mouth any other
way!  Argghhh!  That 300m* on Ebay just did not find its way into my
collection.  I will be receiving my 300f4.0 in a few days and was wondering:

1.  According to Boz's site, the optical formula is 7 elements in 5 groups
while all the subsequent 300 lenses were 7-8 or 7-9.  What specifically
would more elements correct?  Chromatic abberation?  Pincushion?  I am going
to put the lens through some tests and thought I might look rather closely
at what pentax thought was its shortcomings.

2.  Should I expect a tripod mount with this particular lens?

3.  I could not find any specific info and the smc tak version to compare it
to, but have seen the positive reviews it gathered a few weeks ago on this
list.  Would this be one of the kmounts which is essentially a redone
screwmount lens?

Any comments would be appreciated.

thanks much

dave