----- Original Message -----
From: "Shel Belinkoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Pentax List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: February 8, 2001 9:08 PM
Subject: My First Scan - Comments Welcome

> Comments would be appreciated.  This is one of the first scans
> I've done.  I'd especially like to know what you think of the
> color rendition, the tonality, and the contrast.
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~belinkoff/roadside32.jpg
> --

I hate to say it, but the image content leaves me a bit cold.
For me, it needs a bit of reportage to go along with it.
Technically, the scan is quite good, though I find the red blobs
on either side of the top of the cross to be disturbing. Not
enough DOF to delineate them as individual leaves, but enough
colour saturation to make it appear unnatural. For me, the cross
is almost too bright compared to the background. I have the
feeling that my monitor gamma is set too high for this image.
Bill