tv wrote:

> True, it just seems Delta 100 is more finicky in that regard. The few
> negs I have have highlights that are just tough to print.

> More experimentation is needed.

Or a different paper. Highlight contrast is built into the printing paper
and doesn't usually change much with filter grade. Try a paper with lower
highlight contrast and see if your negs don't print better. Try, say, Agfa
Multicontrast Classic, which has medium to low contrast in the highlights.
Ilford Multigrade IV RC had very low highlight contrast, as does Sterling
paper from India.

Lots of times, photographers fiddle with development times when what they
really need to do is match the film and developer combination to the paper a
little better.

--Mike