Peter Loveday writes:

>I'm looking to get myself a screw-mount camera, and I
>find myself rather attracted to the idea of having
>one with no meter

Haven't tried the SL, but I'd go with the SL meterless
spotmatic. The spotmatics are supposed to be of better
construction than their predecessors and with longer lived
shutters.

>Is there a nice lens down
>around 24 or 20 ?  Also something around 100 or 120 ?

No experience with the 20/4.5, but the 24/3.5 is a worthwhile
lens. Significant flare problems compared with longer lenses;
get SMC if possible. The 105/2.8 is excellent. Super-Takumar or
SMC. The 85mm offers f:1.8 and a more useful focal length, so I
use it more. The 105mm however, is optically equal or better in
all respects that I've been able to notice and costs less too.

All experiences are with lens hood on. In fact, if you go this
all manual route, you're required to use the lens hood....aren't
you?

Mark Rofini