aimcompute wrote:

> I'm assuming there's no such body in the works.  The words "Pentax
> Introduces the New Flagship of Its 35mm Autofocus SLR Lineup" would indicate
> this is as good as it gets.  Obviously Pentax believes there only competing
> with themselves.  Not that this is not a good body, it's just doesn't appear
> to be a flagship that is trying to compete with other mfr's flagships.

I suspect you are correct.  In fact at the time of Photokina there was a posting
of an interview in a British Photo Mag. of a senior Pentax individual (was it
the new CEO?).   Anyway, as I recall he suggested the "Flagship" would be a 645
model as people looking for improved image quality would move up to that format
from 35 mm.  Certainly seems many nature photographers, for instance Tim
Fitharris, have done just that.  He shoot a Pentax 645 for his landscape and
nature photography other than when he needs the long lenses for wildlife and
then switches to a Canon and IS series lenses.

I was hoping the MZ-S would allow for MLU to obtain the best image quality
possible from the 35 mm format at the slower shutter speeds I often use.  Lenses
and scanners are less expensive than for medium format and 35 mm is also great
for family and travel photos, which I am sure burn up a lot of film for many
other amateurs like myself.  Anyway as I have said in my previous post, now I
have to sit down and rethink where I am going with my next camera purchase.

Cheers,  Mike.