I think you have brought up an intertesting point. I have the feeling that
the general public (less discriminating consumers) would usually go for
cheaper models when all they wanted was a camera to shoot. However, when
talking about top end models (MZ-S in this case), the consumers are usually
more advanced and critical, or at least expect more. That's why they are
willing to pay significantly more.

regards,
Alan Chan