----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Mathews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: February 12, 2001 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: MZ-S viewfinder magnification

> I own an F3HP.  It has what I consider to be the best
viewfinder on any
> camera I've ever owned.  See my other post about where my
confusion lies.
> It's in not understanding why lower magnification doesn't
always mean higher
> eyepoint.  Seems to me if you made the magnification 50%, it
would
> automatically mean the eyepoint would be high enough to see
the whole frame,
> regardless of how many mm of relief it would equate to.

It's funny how things are sometimes. It was the F3HP that turned
me away from Nikon and towards Pentax in the first place. I
never liked the viewfinder on that camera. Then the F4 came
along, and I just got completely annoyed with camera bloat.
William Robb