Takehiko Ueda wrote:

> I suppose Shel has pointed out almost
> everything good about LX<s>.

I have to tell you one of the most rewarding experiences I had
while using an LX.   I was shooting some street scenes in
Berkeley and aa small group of Japanese tourists were nearby.
On gentleman looked in my direction, saw the LX, and in halting
English said "Pentax LX -  Very good camera", and then proceeded
to alert the group to this man carrying an LX.  A couple of
people in the group turned to me and bowed ever so slightly, and
one woman showed me her Pentax.  For that one brief moment there
was an instant camaraderie, a sharing of something special.

> Personally, I drive a Mini, and
> it's more like religion, though<g>.

There's a small Mini club here, and one of the owners of a Sushi
restaurant is a member.  Once a month about 20 or so Mini owners
converge on the place, all driving their Minis of course, and
have a big get together.  The owner keeps a couple of  models
of  Minis around the restaurant.  His is particularly
interesting as it's painted to resemble the British flag.  Many
others are, of course, British Racing Green.  Great little cars,
lots of fun  to drive.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]