Short version:
A separate spotmeter (fixed focal length) reads a small angle of view (1 degree, 3
degrees, 10 degrees. etc). An in-camera spotmeter reads a small centered part of the
viewfinder image. The absolute angle depends on the focal length of the attached lens.
Very useful or high contrast situations.

Center-weighted usually reads the entire image, averaged, witha very strong bias
toward the center (actually, right below center). A bright light on the edge might not
be inputted into the reported exposure requirement at all. C-W can be useful even in
high contrast, if the area of interest can be separated or implied by other parts of
theimage.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/14 1:15 PM >>>
Can someone tell me what the difference between center-weighted metering and
spot metering is? It seems to me like they would both do the same thing..?
Dosk