In a message dated 2/14/01 11:34:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< I've seen the term robocamera on the list for sometime, but it seems most
modern Pentaxes, any camera that has a full-auto mode falls into this
category. >>

This statement, as sincere as it is, is also temporizing, saying in effect:
"I'm (we're) just as bad as they are."
Bullfeathers.
PENTAXIANS are *not* the kind of people who would purchase or shoot 5.5
pound, slab-sided SLR cameras; they already crab enough about the weight of
their tiny "M" bodies.
*Have you ever noticed the results in photography contests in photo related
magazines, contests where the public is invited to enter?
No matter how hokey we might think the contests are, you can count on
PENTAXIANS, mostly amateurs, to win many of the prizes, many times grand
prizes and astonishingly, many times with either point and shoots or manual
bodied rigs. What do the C****/N**** shooter's use in those same contests?
Big, 5.5 pounds+, slab-sided robocameras.
*A PZ-1p with 80-200 f/2.8 lens and hood aboard weighs in at a tad over 5
pounds, most of the weight (3 pounds, 13 ounces) of course, residing in the
lens. Hang a 80-200 f/2.8 lens on a N****?
7+ pounds sans booster.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]