Since I started the HTML thing as a trial balloon, I will now
attempt to add a wee bit of common sense (something remarkably
lacking in this thread). All Chris has to do is post a name and
a location to a web page. Yer email address has no reason to be
there, and if I were doing this project, I wouldn't be bothered
with putting email addresses into the web based list anyway. It
is WAY more efficient to build this thing as an HTML document,
and update it periodically, than it is to run an email list with
constant update traffic. As long as the web address isn't
published, but kept confidential in private replies, which only
need to be sent once as a reply, then there would be nothing on
it to attract a spam bot. Add a web bot excluder text file to
the base directory, and the web document should be very well
hidden.
And if you are still to paranoid too participate, then bugger
off and don't participate.
So there.
William Robb