Hi Erwin, you wrote:

> When I say poor choice of words, I'm not talking about the
> camera,  I'm talking about selling a product. ...
> However the last thing one should do, is to put a new 2500,--DM
> camera in the catalog, and to include in the TITLE of the very
> first public presentation : for semiprofessional photography.
> That is an incredible BLUNDER of Pentax Germany, regardless of
> what that 2500DM camera actually is about.

I understand what you are saying, but believe me: Introducing a 2.5
fps camera and always writing about pro photography would be
contra-productive here. People would think Pentax doesn't know what's
going on in this market. A good mixture of statements (semipro here,
pro there, ambitious amateurs also) according to the feature mix is
the right strategy. Pentax shows to be serious this way. In contrast,
some overdone statements in the US press release sound like
involuntary satire here.

Of course, the european marketing is not free from incredible blunder
indeed: the omission of the 67-II in the Photokina 2000 general
catalogue for sure was such a one.

Ralf