Ralf wrote:

> The answer is still: no. The MZ-S is not a camera for everybody. Not
> everybody wants smallest size and is willing to pay high prices.
> Durability is also not everybodies priority, since some want to
> update their gear regularly in order to enjoy latest technology.

This is indeed true. But lets not forget that this camera is targeted towards the
Pentax enthusiast; not necessarily the majority of the market. If look at the
typical(?) Pentax enthusiast, he is still willing to pay for the LX and apparently pay
ridiculous prices for long discontinued used K-mount lenses and buy loads of expensive
Limited lenses. It seems to me that the Pentax enthusiast is not about low price.
Also, having read the endless "MZ-1 wish lists and speculations" one thing has never
come up: namely, the want for 10fps and 64 AF points. When considering that the MZ-S
fuses MZ-style, Z-1p features, and LX built and finish, its apparent that Pentax is
reaching out to the Pentax enthusiasts - no one else. Maybe the one who sits on plenty
of good K-mount glass.

Pål