[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am not trying to say that these topics are not worth discussing.  Rather, I
> am suggesting that this should not be the forum for discussing them.

I agree wholeheartedly, despite the fact that I jumped in with my 2 cents worth
re: Henry Ford and the Nazis (well, they were only Canadian pennies - not worth
much).  But where do we draw the line, and how do we moderate it?

Most of these OT threads do start with something vaguely relevent to Pentax or
photography in general, and then go off on tangents, as if they have a life of
their own.  When do we decide, and who decides, that an OT thread has gone so far
afield that it should be terminated?

I too tire of getting home from work and receiving 150 messages from pdml, at
least 1/3 of which are off topic.

Does someone simply jump into an OT thread and say "enough"?  Any answers out
there?

regards,
frank