----- Original Message -----
From: Feroze Kistan
Subject: Re: Re[6]: electra studio flash/ring flash

> Well this is the problem, I need to buy
> studio lights. I like the idea of continuous
> lights. It takes me ages to set up a shot
> and if I could have the lights on most of the time
> the composition would be so much easier.
> So what time I save in the shoot is to mine
> and the clients advantage

Continous lighting is HOT. I recall that one of your
requirements was that the lighting couldn't be hot. I think
continous os out for you. Studio strobes have low wattage
modelling lights, some of them even give you an accurate
indication of what the flash illumination will look like.
Photogenic is one such company that makes sure the flash tube
and modelling light ore on the same axis.
You don't need to spend a whack of money on a flash meter, but I
think they are pretty necessary for using studio strobes.